Apollo SPACE Camp is a full-day catheter workshop at our World Class development and manufacturing facility in Sandy, Utah. This program provides you the opportunity to collaborate with engineers and technicians to understand the impact of design decisions.
SPACE Camp attendees participate in a speciﬁcation review, extrude on-line, and work hands-on with our experts to build prototypes. SPACE Camp provides real-time catheter design iterations and education on extrusion manufacturing.
WHAT are the Learning Objectives?
- Polymer selection and common processing challenges that impact downstream manufacturing techniques
- Tubing tolerance (ID, OD, wall thickness, length) in relation to device functionality
- Tubing ovality optimization and concentricity
- Braided/coiled reinforcements and the characteristics relating to the reinforcement pattern
- Post-extrusion operations include: reﬂow, tipping, ﬂaring, overmolding, bonding, and marker bands
- Review process capability, validation requirements, and costing