Yared has served on the AdvaMed Board since 2011 and on the Board of AdvaMed Accel (the division within the association focused on the needs of emerging growth companies) since its inception in 2012. As past chairman of AdvaMed Accel, Yared was instrumental in increasing engagement of small companies in AdvaMed’s advocacy work.
“It is an honor and a privilege to be named AdvaMed chair and to help steer the course of an organization and an industry that does so much to help so many people around the world live longer, healthier, better lives,” said Yared.
“We are an industry that allows people to dream: to dream of a healthier life; to dream of helping patients in new ways; to dream of growing a business that leaves people better off than they were before,” he said. “And I look forward to working with AdvaMed staff and our member companies to help everyone’s dreams continue to grow.”
“AdvaMed is extremely fortunate to have such an experienced and dedicated individual as Nadim as its new chairman,” said Scott Whitaker, AdvaMed president and CEO. “As our first chairman from a smaller manufacturer, Nadim brings a unique perspective on the challenges and opportunities facing the innovation ecosystem for medical technology that will benefit all our members and patients worldwide.”
Yared succeeds Vincent A. Forlenza, BD’s chairman, CEO, and president.
“We are incredibly grateful for Vince’s leadership and dedication to this association and this industry, and to improving patient care,” said Whitaker. “He had a remarkable record of success as chairman, helping to advance some of our key advocacy items in support of innovation and patients.”
Among AdvaMed’s accomplishments under Forlenza’s leadership were:
- Winning a two-year suspension of the innovation-crushing medical device tax—and marked progress on permanent repeal
- Passage of 21st Century Cures legislation with a full slate of pro-innovation reforms
- Successful negotiations with FDA to reauthorize the medical device user fee program agreement
- Development of AdvaMed’s Value Framework initiative to better define the value of medical technology for multiple stakeholders
- Formation of AdvaMed Digital and Radiation Therapy product sectors
- Creation of the AdvaMed Purchasing Group, to help member companies save on purchases of commonly used goods and services
- Implementation of a China-specific Code of Ethics, and China’s commitment to improve its regulatory processes
- Staging the association’s largest and most successful annual medtech conference to date in Minneapolis in 2016
Click here to get additional insights on Yared’s views and expectations on the role in MPO’s exclusive interview with him.