COVID Diagnostics from Beckman Coulter—A Medtech Matters Podcast
By Sean Fenske, Editor-in-Chief | 05.04.21
MPO's Sean Fenske speaks with Chris Hagen of Beckman Coulter about the company’s response to the need for COVID diagnostics and the rapid ramp-up of production.
- For those who don’t know what Beckman Coulter is, can you give a brief introduction?
- How has Beckman Coulter contributed to the fight against COVID-19?
- What was it like for a firm like Beckman Coulter to scale up manufacturing to meet the incredible demand for COVID-19 diagnostics?
- What was the impact of all those tests on the diagnostic infrastructure, such as the processing labs, and were the manufacturers able to aid with this portion in any way?
- How is the federal government trying to increase testing capability and what’s the impact on manufacturers?
- For Beckman Coulter, what are the lessons learned from the pandemic that you can carry forward?
Listen to this episode and see what you think of the industry’s response to the need for COVID diagnostics. If you’d like to share thoughts, ask questions, or suggest a future participant for Medtech Matters, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
Listen to the podcast streaming via the player or get the podcast on the Medtech Matters channel via your preferred vendor of podcasts, such as Apple Podcasts (iTunes) or Spotify.
Click here to review other podcasts.